Upcoming Article: Building reliable and highly-available authentication databases for Dovecot
*nix magazine FreeX will publish an article of mine covering the topic of building realiable, highly-available authentication database backends for Dovecot mail servers.
Key topics in this essay:
- Optimize Dovecot for optimium performance
- How to use caching and prefetching to reduce load
- What to consider when bumping up process and session limits
- How to scale well beyond hundred thousands of users
- Load distribution using replication
- Protecting the backend database against rogue brute force attacks
Read more on this in upcoming FreeX issue 2’2011, available on February 2nd 2011.